Thursday, August 26, 2010

Perler Bead Art~



EDIT: Artfire is complete! www.artfire.com/users/StegosaurusStomp

So, on a whim, I decided to start doing these things. It's actually pretty fun and I plan on making them into all kinds of fun things like coasters and magnets and whatnot. (Artfire's been made but I just need to fill it with stuff first :3)

Up first we have Bubble Bobble dinosaurs :3

I like how they came out! My shades of orange were limited so I had to use this super bright neon orange but it looks pretty good :x

Aaaand next Pikachu:


He was much harder than I anticipated. It was hard to keep track of the pixel shading x_x But still, not bad o:


16 comments:

  1. Ahaha the comments work now but the yellow post text is hard to read XD

    Very very cute bead art though! I love the pikachu :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! these looks cool!! what are they made out of? I can't really read the post 'cause the contrast is way high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Sorry guys I've been trying to convert my posts to be normal somewhat.

    Pikachu didn't really come out very well to me but I'm glad you liked him o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your perlers are amazing! I keep meaning to learn how to do it, it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! Even though they're not super big and are only made of beads, somehow they're so detailed *-* You put the darker yellows of Pikachu in the perfect spots, it's like looking at a sprite~

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^^Thank you! There's nothing to it, really. I mean, repetitive tasks are kind of relaxing to me, but it you're someone who isn't into that this might be a bit annoying for you <.<

    ^Ahhh thanks! I was actually surprised at how big a teeny tiny sprite can be once you bead-ize it! I made an NES mario mushroom that ended up being about five inches wide o:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pikachu is adorable!!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so awesome~ Pikachu is adorable, I think it came out perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^^^Yes I know, I've been trying to find a new layout =[

    ^^Thanks!

    ^Awe I'm glad you think so ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! You do perler beads! I've just finished a little mini mudkip :3

    Your Pikachu is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! Awe, yay. Mudkip :D

    Thank you! One of these days I am going to try a more detailed one o:

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg that pikachu is just soooo adorable!! <3

    ReplyDelete