Monday, July 18, 2011

DecoDen / Sweets Lolita Accessories

So I started to become really interested in sweets deco a while back. It's like the world's cutest hobby! However, I definitely was not prepared for how difficult it can be at first ;~; I made a mirror that was supposed to be strawberry themed, laid out the frosting all neat and circular, and then I realized I only had one cabochon that would match with the theme. So I just kind of stuck it in the middle and laid flatback beads around it, and some sprinkles. And then I decided to try that whole "puff paint melty sauce" thing that I see so much. Man, that turned out horrible, because I did it after I had already put all the icing on. So at this point I'm just like, "fuck it" and I let it dry. It's so sad looking =[ I suppose it was a good learning experience because now I know that I need to have the layout planned out before I start frosting things. The only thing is, when I try to plan things out, I have a hard time... arranging things in a manner that would be aesthetically pleasing, as stupid as that sounds. I know there is a certain... method to it, I just need to figure out one that would work for me. I suppose I just need more practice.

Anyway, I made some things that turned out not to be a disaster, thank goodness!

My camera has the worst shake protection ever. If you move a cm the whole pic is blurred to hell =|

This picture came out a lot better :3

And no, I will never ever ever take a picture of my strawberry disaster mirror D: One day when I have a proper setup for deco and lots of practice I will make a mirror and it will be glorious!

I put them up on ebay at a starting bid of $7 shipped but there were no takers =[ I'm not sure if I want to make an etsy, there are sooooo many deco artists there, and so many of them are so much better than I am! I think I will probably put them up on my weebly to see if anyone is interested. I tried the whole Artfire thing and while it's free, it gets basically no traffic, so your stuff just sits there on display =/

I change hobbies a lot, don't I? <_<

2 comments:

  1. these turned out so well! i are prouds of you! i could never have these because i would constantly be hungry+tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Yay! Thank yew. Yea dont eat them they iz gross <_<

    ReplyDelete